The creation of the printed paper is largely a digital and machine process. There is almost no human contact of the paper until it reaches your carrier. There is typically only a few seconds of contact before the newspaper is put in a plastic bag for delivery. We are closely following guidance from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC). Both the WHO and CDC have stated that the likelihood of catching the COVID-19 virus by touching surface materials is low, and we will continue to monitor their guidance.
We are taking extra steps to be sure our distribution centers are as safe as possible and encouraging frequent hand washing and sanitization of all of production and delivery partners that have contact with the papers.
Delivery Preparation of Globe Products at Distribution Centers
- We have added additional hand washing stations as needed in distribution centers
- Surgical gloves are being provided for handling the product during preparation for delivery
- Any employees who are feeling sick are told to stay home
- Our facilities are sanitized daily
- Work stations are sanitized frequently throughout the day